Are sure you want to do this ? Remember…this is for your CATS! OK not for your self. But if you like ikan keli(catfish) so much why not ? Since the cat food is so expensive nowadays, I made it myself for my cats. I just don’t want them to feed on the kitchen garbage or the leftovers. I think this is more proper…if you love your cats. I usually feed them the biscuits but that also going up so have to save as well on that . This ikan keli jelly soup is much more cheaper than any catfood that you can find in the store.
The ingredients : 1kg of ikan keli (RM7.00), 1 can of sardine (RM4.60), 1 cup of corn flour (RM0.40) and 6 liters of water.
- Cut the catfish into pieces (about an inch long). Don’t wash the fish; put everything into a medium size pot.
- Fill the pot with 6 liters of water(or 3 of that big fruit juice bottles) .
- Put the fish into the pot and bring to boil.
- liquidate a cup of corn flour.
- put the liquidated corn flour into the boiling soup and stir until you see the soup thickens a bit.
- turn off the heat and leave it for a few hours or until it is cool off.
- Open up a can of sardine and poke the sardines into pieces.
- pour the whole can into the jelly soup and mix them up well.
- fill up that plastic container with the jelly soup.
- put them away in the fridge to let the jelly settles for about an hour or so.
The ingredient will fill up 10 plastic containers. Each container can feed about 3-4 adult cats for 1 meal/day. If you have 1-2 cats , find smaller containers to store your jelly soup.
the cats love it very much …..